Jupyter Notebooks on ACI
Start a JupyterLab server configured to offer the Julia kernel on ACI
Each time in the future you want to start a Jupyter notebook session on ICDS-ACI.
- Make sure you have an account on ACI and have completed the initial setup
- Browse to portal.aci.ics.psu.edu
- Login (if necessary)
- Click Interactive Apps on top menu
- Choose BYOE Jupyter Server_
- Jupyter Interface: JupyterLab
- Environment setup:
- Allocation: ebf11_d_g_gc_default
- Number of hours: 2 hours (can choose longer if you plan to continue after class or outside of class)
- Number of cores: 2 (can choose more outside of class time once start parallel labs and project)
- Node type: ACI-b GPU (either No GPU or 1 GPU once start GPU lab or for project)
- Memory per core: 4 GB (can choose more outside of class time once start project)
- Click Launch
- Wait while your job starts
- Once the Connect to JupyterLab Server button appears, click it
- The top row of tiles (labeled “Notebook”) should include a tile labeled “Julia 1.6.0”. Click it.
- A new browser tab should open where you can work with a Jupyter notebook using a Julia kernel interactively.
- Do your work, remembering to save your notebook after key edits and before you quit.
- See Starting & Submittiing Assignments for more information on accessing and submitting assignments.
- When you’re done, close notebook tabs and click logout in upper right (of the Jupyter server session).
- Go back to the “My Interactive Sessions” tab in the ACI Portal, click “Delete” for this Sessions and confirm.