ACI Remote Desktop
Starting a Remote Interactive Desktop session on ACI
To start a remote Interactive Desktop session:
- Log into the ICDS-ACI Portal at https://portal.aci.ics.psu.edu/.
- Choose Interactive Apps, RHEL7 Interactive Desktop.
- Choose MATE (Gnome 2) for Dektop Environment.
- Select “ebf11_d_g_gc_default” for allocation and “ACI-b GPU Core” for node type. (Alternatively, one might choose open for allocation and “ACI-i” for node type.)
- Choose number of hours that you will be using the Interactive Desktop for this session.
- Click “Launch”
- Wait a little while, as your the system will submit a job to the scheduler.
- Once you have a button to start your session, click it.
- A new browser tab will open with a virtual desktop.
Starting Julia from the terminal
- Open a terminal window by clicking Applications, System Tools, Terminal.
- If you ran the
/gpfs/group/RISE/classroom/astro_528/scripts/class_setup setupat the beginning of the smester, then julia 1.6.0 will already be in your path. If not, then from the terminal, setup your environment variables to know about Julia 1.6 by running:
module use /gpfs/group/RISE/sw7/modules module load julia/1.6.0
- Start Julia by running
Starting a Pluto session
- If you’d like to launch a Pluto notebook server, you can install Pluto from within Julia with
using Pkg Pkg.add("Pluto")
and then start it by running
using Pluto Pluto.run()
Starting a Jupyter notebook session
- If you’d like to launch a Jupyter notebook server, you can install IJulia from within Julia with
using Pkg Pkg.add("IJulia")
and then start the Jupyter notebook by running
using IJulia notebook()